– Start mowing schedule early spring.
– Mow at 1-3 inches.
– Don’t bag clippings.
*Grass will look better with shorter and more frequent mowing
– Test soil and determine yard square footage. See links below.
– Start fertilizing 2 weeks after mowing starts.
– Apply a complete fertilizer. See link below.
– Apply at a ratio of 1lb nitrogen per 1000sf every 4-6 week
EXAMPLE USING FERTILIZER LINKED BELOW (NPK ratio 32-0-10)
Scott’s Turf Builder Southern Lawn
100/32 = 3.1/lbs per 1000sf
EX: 10,000sf yard
(10,000/1000) x 3.1 = 31lbs of fertilizer neede
– Ideally, wet the soil to 6 inch depth.
*About 1 inch of water in gauge is a rough estimate.
– Water every 5-10 days or when grass shows stress
Soil test kit – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DI845
Fertilizer – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBMI36
Water Gauge – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A3IMP2
Measuring wheel – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01018D7MS